November 8, 2018






Six of our fifth-graders played intramural volleyball this year. And the rest of us made great fans! The season culminated in today's student-faculty volleyball game. The teachers won, but everyone put forth a great effort and showed their school spirit.
This week, grade 5 students took inspiration from the Holy Child Academy Pledge they recite each morning and combined it with what they learned about prepositional phrases to compose these poems.

Inside of school,
Beyond school,
Without any resistance,
Among young ones,
Near elders,
During Mass,
Inside of home,
Throughout the day,
Towards the dark night,
After school,

I will treat others with kindness, compassion, and understanding.

By: Zayda

Inside school,
In my family,
Against temptation,
Beyond being evil,
With my words and actions,
In my state,
In my residence,
Among different states,
Across the world,
With my friends,
I will strive to be the best person God has created me to be.
- Andrew


Above all things,                                                    
Besides my daily life,
Aside from sports,
Throughout our life,
Out of my comfort zone,
Instead of evil,
Across my community,
In spite of others’ hatred,
Within my soul,
In place of hatred,
I will treat others with kindness               
- Garrett

In my school,
At home,
On vacation,
Beyond civilization,
Over the mountains,
Through the field,
Upon the stage,
Before anyone,
Under the ground,
And with my family,
In all these places,
I pledge to be the best person God has created me to be.
- Grant

Instead of hating,
Before speaking,
Throughout school,
After school,
Beyond school,
Aside from school,
Above anything,
In addition to having fun,
Underneath all hate,
Instead of being unkind,
Think to respect and treat others as you want them to treat you back.
- Molly


Throughout my life,
Until my last day,
Inside my home,
Beyond my school,
Across my community,
Around my state,
Into my country,
Within my world,
Among my people,
Because of my love of God,
I will strive to be the best person God has created me to be.
- Charlotte

Being the Best

After awakening,
Into the light,
Past first period,
With no fright,
Near end of day,
Inside my house,
Throughout my life,
While balling,
Off the hook,
On my journey,

I strive to be the best person.
- Sean


Around my friends and family,
Till the end,
Toward the future,
Inside God’s heart,
In addition to reaching my goals,
Beyond the land and sea,
Since the beginning of my life,
From the bottom of my heart,
Against the bullies,
During every day,

I will treat others with kindness.

-Sophia


By any means,
In any circumstance,
Against all odds,
Through any challenge,
To my friends,
To my family,
To all people and animals,
Under no restrictions,
Till the end,
Upon my honor no harm shall come,

This is my promise.
- Thomas


The sixth grade students are nearing the conclusion of The Lightning Thief and we all agree that it is a great read. This week, the students summarized the events of chapter 20, in which the protagonist Percy battles Ares, and retold the events in a news report. Some students chose to report the events as mortals would have seen them, while others took on the role of a mythological figure. They did a terrific job!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 7, 2018

October 5, 2018